Name: Olivia Chak   

Date: December 4, 2013

Log#6 

Log 6: Summary evaluation

Using the information you have recorded in your previous logs respond to the following: What have you learned about this child? Did your initial impressions of this child change after this study? If so, how? If not, what remained consistent with your initial impressions? What would you like to see happen to this child in your class? How would you help it to happen if you were the teacher?

Using the information that I recorded in my previous logs I learned that my study child is always ready to finish a task that she is assigned. When she is given work she is very consistent with finishing what is asked of her. For example, my study child was told to practice writing the letter T. She traced the letter T that was already prepared for her by my cooperating teacher. After that, she started writing out the letter T again. She continued writing the letter T for the third, fourth, and fifth time. Soon enough, the whole page was filled up with T’s. She stood up and walked over to the teacher and said, “Mrs. Bugayer, I’m finished!”

My initial impressions of this child change after this study because at first my study child was very quiet and didn’t say a word. After a few weeks, all of that changed and she socializes with her classmates. She always gives her opinion when asked. She is very helpful as well during my lessons because when it’s time for cleanup she would ask me, “Can I help?” Then, she would help me put away materials before she goes to play.

What I would you like to see happen to my study child in the class is how differently she would react if the class was a whole day instead of half a day. Would she react differently and how it would affect her. I would also love she see her reactions towards finger painting. If I was the teacher I would definitely include finger painting in some of my lessons so the children have a variety of different art work to do. Especially during choice time, they would have a chance to enjoy artwork being done.