1368 East 16 Street, Brooklyn, N.Y. 11230
Cell Phone: (917)261-8504
- Education professional driven to create an environment that promotes hands-on learning for children at all ages of the learning process.
- Teacher’s Assistant accomplished in supporting classrooms of up to 25 children, dependable and organized with knowledge of childcare management.
- Friendly and energetic assistant teaching in a classroom environment. Motivated to help students learn and be happy, healthy and well-behaved.
- First Aid and CPR Certified
- Fluent in Cantonese
- Arts and crafts
- Fluent in English
- Classroom management
- Working well under pressure
- MS Office
- Learning new concepts quickly
- Communicating ideas clearly and effectively
- Strong communicator
- Enjoys working with children
- Managed classes of up to 25 students.
- Chaperoned numerous field trips and after school activities.
- Designed weekly lesson plans focused on age and level-appropriate material.
- Facilitated small reading and writing groups, phonics groups and math groups for grades 1 through 6.
Associate of Applied Science: Early Childhood with Concentration in Educational Studies, Grades K-6, 2014
CUNY Kingsborough Community College — Brooklyn, NY, USA
High School Diploma, 2008
Midwood High School — Brooklyn, NY, USA
October 2013 to Present
CUNY Kingsborough Community College: Research Foundation — Brooklyn, NY
In this college, I assist my colleagues Tsubasa Berg and Emily North in workshops for e-Portfolio; as well as, Professor Juan R. Morales-Flores, PhD, Director, Education ePortfolios Perkins Grant. I also help students in the Education major with their e-Portfolios during lab hours.
February 2011 to Present
Confucius Plaza Daycare Center: CPC 124 — New York, NY
In this after school program, I continue to help children with their homework in whatever subject that is needed for their success. I believe that safety comes first, so I always make sure that no child is hurt in any way.
December 2010 to January 2011
Modern Dental Center — New York, NY
During this month, I worked as a receptionist/dental assistant for Lorder Huang, DDS and Healy Young, DDS. My job was to assist these two dentists with the supplies they needed for every patient. I also worked as a receptionist, where I had to handle a great deal of incoming calls and I also called patients for follow up appointments.
After School Teacher
March 2007 to January 2010
City English Center Inc. —Brooklyn, NY
In this after school program, I helped children with their homework in whatever subject that’s needed for their success. It could be math, Science, English Language Arts, Social Studies, and Chinese. I made sure each students does their best because I believe each student has potential as long as you try. No child is ever left behind because I make sure I give each student the help they need.
June 2007 to August 2007
Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) CPC 124 — New York, NY
During the summer of 2007, I entered in the SYEP summer working program at P.S. 124 as an assistant teacher for two different groups of children; my job there was to help children out when they need it and I looked after them to make sure they were in a safe environment.