Mukumaoy Olimjonova                                                                            Lesson # 1
 Edc-21-01

Theme of lesson: Neighborhood
  Title and author of book: A Good Night Walk  By Elisha Cooper
  Age of children involved: 4 years old
  Number of children involved: 4
Stimulus for the lesson:
   The stimulus for this lesson that triggered the child to join me was  internal stimulus. Mrs.Mack (teacher) gave me one student and after that three others joined me. All of them noticed that I am going to do something and came near me.
 Setting of the lesson:
     The setting of the lesson took place in the block are where children were sitting facing me. Next to me was one chair and back of me was wall. Children were did not have any interactions to see what the class was doing. Around the children were the blocks which they play in the shelves, and it was small are to work and comfortable. Most of the children were in the centers playing and some would come look around and go to see what I was doing with their classmates.

Lesson Plan 1.
1.Summary of the book.
    "A Good Night Walk" B Elisha Cooper presents a child and parent take a walk down their street at night making simple observations about the neighborhood and then returning back the same way to see how things have changed on their neighborhood. A Good Night Walk reveals a lot going on, in the neighborhood which allows children to recognize, observe and learn their surroundings.This is one of the educational books for children to read and teach them about their surroundings.
2. Age Group
   This is one of the greatest book for children and students to read ages two years old and five years old. I choose to read this book for students, because children can relate to the story, they will be able to explore or identify similarities between their neighborhood and in the book. Also the use of the texts in the book, its size and colorful pictures will interest children. The size of the pictures are  in the whole page and on the bottom of it with small words of the text are located.
3. Goals of the lesson
  -Children will explore the social studies theme (neighborhood)
  -Children will be able to connect the story to their own experiences
  -Children will be able to interact with each other in relation to the story
  -Children will be able to identify new vocabulary words.
  Such as oak tree and gardening.
4. Introduction
     I want to introduce this book to the children be showing them the cover of the book, and letting them to observe the book, ask questions about the book and getteng their prediction of the story.
5. Knowledge
   I want to ask children; Did the parent and a child return home same way? Did any of the neighbors in the neighborhood made an apple pie?
6. Comprehension
   1. What do you think the story about? page1 or cover of the book.
   2. What do you think will happen next? page 8,5 and 3.
7. Analysis
    Who do you think is going to take a walk? page 1
    Why should we rest now? page 13
8. Application
  For the fallow up activity which children use language to demontsrate the goals of my lesson plan I choose to make a circle which they will have to speak up, interact and discuss as a group. I will try to talk about the story and relate it to their own experiences.

Lesson Evauation
    After reading abook to the group of four children I learned valuable lesson for my own self. As a future teacher we all must remember that all children are unique and all of them learn in many different ways. "A Good Night Walk" by Elisha Cooper was one of the book which made children in my class to think, make predictions and open up themselves to each other.
  While I was reading a book children were sat facing me and it was really great that they did not have any distraction. I introduced the book by just showing them the cover of the book and asking them what do they see, also asking them to describe the picture the see. When each child wanted to say or answer they would stand up come near me and point it or tell me.Introduction of the book was great I think, which made children to focus and give all of their attention to me. While I was reading book children were pointing to the pictures and telling each other what they see. One of them even made prediction  about the picture he saw, the squirrels jumping from tree to tree also he said " They live in the circle  of the oak tree". Whenever I stoped and to ask question all of them will start talking at the same time. But when at the end of the book I asked question children were predicted the future.  Children were able to meet the goals which I set them and they were seemed to enjoy the book.
       After the read aloud all of the children were pointing to the pictures, discussing it with each other and telling me about their neighborhood. All of them were telling me how their neighborhood looks like and their own room. One of them brought up the topic that his father reads him at night while other child responded that his mom does not read but checks him up. While discussing Usman one of the kids told me that he loved pictures and he helped out Mariam with vocabulary like oak tree  and gardening. Mariam did not spoke a lot but she was listening and looking to the pictures carefully. I think I had a great time reading children a book. I never thought that children would be that much interested to the book and listen me as their teacher.