Mukumaoy Olimjonova                                                                            Lesson # 2
  Edc-21-01

Theme of lesson: Neighborhood
  Title and author of book: My Dream Playground by Kate M.Becker
  Age of children involved: 4 years old
  Number of children involved: 4
Stimulus for the lesson:
   The stimulus for this lesson that triggered the child to join me was an internal stimulus. Mrs.Mack (teacher) gave me one student and after that three others joined me. All of them knew that I am going to read and they come by. Children came and asked me of the book which I am going to read them.
 Setting of the lesson:
     The setting of the lesson took place in the block are where children were sitting facing me. Next to me was one chair and back of me was wall. Children  did not have any interactions to see what the class was doing. Around the children were the blocks which they play in the shelves, and it was small area to work and comfortable. Children were interacting with each other while others were sent in the drawing center or kitchen. Some of the children were sleeping. It was resting time.

Lesson Plan 2.
1.Summary of the book.
"My Dream Playground"  by Kate M.Becker is a story of a young girl who's dream came true. All of sure have dreams but in this children book young girl had a dream of her own. She dreamed building the perfect  playground on her neighborhood, she had her own ideas of the dreamed playground. One day a community organizer shows up to do the playground in the neighborhood. Young talanted, full of dreams girl showed  her ideas to the man. He made her project manager which whole neighborhood helped out to built.
2.Age Group.
   This is one of the greatest book for children and students to read ages four years old and eight years old. I choose to read this book for students because children can relate to the story, they will be able to explore or identify similarities between their neighborhood activities and this book can motivate children to create their own dream or playground ideas for future. Also the use of the texts in the book, its size and colorful crayon-looking pictures and illustration of the book will interest children.
3. Goals of the lesson
  -Children will explore the social studies theme (neighborhood)
  -Children will be able to connect the story to their own experiences
  -Children will be able to interact with each other in relation to the story
  -Children will be able to identify new vocabulary words.
  Such as sketch,Playground, community worker etc.
4. Introduction
     I want to introduce this book to the children by showing them the cover of the book, and letting them to observe the book, ask questions about the book and getting their prediction of the story. The same way I did my first read aloud.
5.Knowledge
What are your dreams children?
DO you like the sketches she has? How are the sketches similar with playground?
6. Comprehensions
 Will her dream of playground come true? What do you think about the pictures she has are they good?
What do you  think about the man looking around the neighborhood?
7.Analysis
 What kind of ideas girl had?
What do you think about the neighborhood  which girl lives in?
8. Application
 For follow up activity I want to ask questions. I would love to know what children think about the girl and the story.

Lesson Plan 2.
   Lesson Evauation
   "My Dream Playground"  by Kate M.Becker is a story full of inspiration for young children to see and learn to reach their own dreams.This story could motivate any of us as well children.  While reading this book I noticed that children relate themselves with the characters and as well with book. During this read aloud I noticed that children mostly loved pictures, ideas of girl and they always talked about their own experiences in the park which they have visited.
    I introduced a book the same way like I did fist time, I showed children cover of the book and made them to observe book for me. All of the children were telling about their visit in the park with their mother, father or whole family member. But then I started to read children were listening carefully and at the same time interacting with each other about the park they went to. During my reading I realized that it was little harder book for children to understand and it contained a lot of new vocabulary words for children to understand. Overall children got motivated by the pictures they saw, and the story of a girl.  This book was much harder for children to identify the real theme of the book, children talked about the neighborhood and  family support. Children were sharing their experiences in the park with each other.
      When I asked questions about the book children were tried to answer to them, but  I think it was much harder for them to answer or share. Mariam one of the children she did not said much she was  quite, while other children were confident and interacting with each other. Children loved the pictures and sketches of a girl. When I asked children what pictures of a girl they liked they started to show me one by one their favorite and telling they like to swing on them. After finishing a book children were started to talk with each other and one of them even went over the book to see the pictures.
        I think it was great to read this book for children even thought it was harder for them. For the next time when i read I would love to add some drawing activities after the book is done reading. Because I realized that children learn by doing and most of them during center time tried to draw something similar.