Recollections of and Reflections on My Early Learning Experience

I started going to a public school for Day Care. I started to attend kindergarten at the age of 4 and the schooling was completely different from the catholic school. The school was located only a couple of blocks from my house, my mother wanted me to go to school close to home. I remember everyday my mother walking me to the Day Care Center and then my older sister picking me up. Going to a catholic school in the first grade was a little different then when I was in Day Care was a big change, it was completely different environment and completely a different way of learning. When I enroll in the first grade at a catholic school. I use to wear uniform and took the yellow bus everyday to school. When I started my first day I class I used to get made fun of because of height, and on top of that I was shy and stood to myself. As I was sitting in class I saw how the other kids would interact with one other as I continued to stay by myself. As the week went by I started to make friends. At free time I would introduced myself to the kids in the playground and then next thing you know I was playing with others. After that day at school I then knew that I would like coming to school because the teachers were nice and I had friends. After I got use to going to school and making friends I started to be a target for the other kids in school I started to be an outcast, and because of that I started to get in trouble and started being rude to the teachers. I started getting teased because of my height and I used to always be in the back of the line, when we used to do size order. The classroom usually contained up to twenty children, and the teachers was nice teachers who care about their students. The teachers would sometimes bring in snacks for the students as an award for homework or they behavior Going from a public school to a catholic school had a completely ways of teaching which was definitely hard to forget. It’s been hard to forget how much the other kids would make fun of me and also bullied me. When I getting picked on I then became the teacher assistant and got free snacks from the teachers for just helping them out with things in the classroom. Being picked on always made me upset but I got used to it and I still had this one friend who didn’t tease me. I also learned a lot from this experience, I personally feel grateful that my mother put me in a catholic school, even though my parents had to pay for my education I found it useful then going to a public school were going to school was free. In a public school most parents didn’t really care if their child goes to school because they weren’t paying for school. Not going to a public school and going to a catholic school my mother wanted me to get a better education for myself so she send me to catholic school to better my education. After finishing college I want to become a teacher is something I always wanted to do, so now I just have to learn more about what’s important in early childhood because the more I have experience the better teacher I will become.