EDC 20 D09F

April 9, 2011

My observation paper on Serenity a two year old girl

On a beautiful Friday Wednesday afternoon around one o’clock, I received a phone called from my friend Precious saying she going to the park. I got dressed and went to her house. When I got her house she invited me in and I saw that she was still getting dress.i then told her to “Hurry up” and she said “Ok”.As she was walking down the hall she shouted out “we not going to a park in the neighbor”. I then said “Ok just hurry up”. When I went in the living room I saw that her two year old daughter was sitting on the couch already dressed playing with her baby doll. My friend Precious then came in the living room and asks me can I do her a favor while she run to the supermarket with her mother. She then asked me can I babysit her daughter. I said sure no problem”.

When I was in the living room her two year old daughter started singing to her baby doll. Then I asked her name and she replied “Serenity”. In the living room Serenity started feeding her doll food and then putting her sleep. I said to myself that “this girl is too much”. Serenity was a girl who enjoyed playing with her baby doll. When Serenity went and got her baby stroller she then came in the living holding two pieces. In one hand she were pushing the stroller and in the other was the baby basket carrier When Serenity came in the middle of the living she then began to try and fix her baby stroller by herself. She would turn the basket in all different direction and angles.She then tried so many times she then asked me “can you help me” and I told to her “to try again”. Serenity then started crying out loud, screaming and kicking the stroller because she can put it back together. when she finally claim down she then tried one more time and finally were able to put the baby doll in the stroller. She was so happy that she did. When her mother came back she told her mother that she fixed her stroller. Her mother was very proud of her that she gave her a hug and a kiss. Serenity went back in the living room and was pushing her baby in the stroller around.

Serenity was upset when her basket and her stroller broke, because she taught she couldn’t put it back. When Serenity was putting her stroller back together the four domains of development were develop physical, intellectual, emotional and social. Serenity became physical when she starts playing by herself with her baby doll and her stroller. When the stroller broke she became very intellectual. She was anxious to try to fix the basket and her stroller by herself but she found it very difficult to put it back together. Then she became emotional and couldn’t fix the stroller so she started to cry because she wanted to fix her stroller on her own without anybodies help. With her not be able to fix the stroller she used her social skills with she

communicated with me to help her fix her stroller and I help her so she

would be able to play again

When I was doing my observation on Serenity who was 2, I thought it would have been a little difficult because two year is very hard to communicate and also when it comes to them playing. When I was babysitting Serenity I also saw that when she want something done she

would do it herself and she cant get it done she would cry, scream, and throw herself on the floor. Like most two year old they would fallout when they don’t get their way. Serenity also taught herself some things

when she playing by herself. She learned if she wants something done she would try it by herself before she would ask for help.

However when I was doing the observation, I found it very interesting at their way and I learned a lot from this experience. I’ve learned that when Serenity was playing she used every part of her body and tried to fix her own basket and stroller. She has a good memory because

she knew how her basket and stroller was before she broke it. I also learned when she went to the corner to fix it she never gave up she found out the ways on how she was going to be able to fix it back together. Doing this paper helped me understand how she operate when she don’t get their way when they playing wit their toys. I also learned they don’t ask for help until they try fixing it themselves and they never give up. Serenity wasn’t a b ad child but she had her ways

when she wants thing done. She would try her hardest to get it fix without asking for help, but she cries, scream, and fallout to get people attention.