Log#1 (Social development)
1. Setting:
Attending my student teaching at P.S 215, working with kindergarten children.  During my observation of my study child. I started to see how child A acts with his peers in music. The day of the observation took place on Monday around noon during music class. The music class was being taught to the kindergarten class in the auditorium.  The tone inside of  the auditorium was very noisy at the beginning of the lesson. 
2. Description
Child A is a boy who is five years old, and speaks both language Chinese and English. Child A is short who have black straight hair and brown eyes. During the observation Child A  was wearin a blue shirt light brown  pants, and brown shoes.
3. Observation
In the auditorium, where the music class was being taught to the kindergarten class. The children first entered the auditorium very quietly and were assigned seated by the music teacher.  Once the kindergarten teacher left the children began to act up.The music teacher was then ready to began his lesson. He beagn his lesson singing a Greeting song which really got the children attention.  The teacher then told the children to standup for another song. This time the song had the children use their body parts to complete the song.  In these songs Child A was very ingested in the activity.  Child A was singing the words to the song as well as participated in every movement. The song the children were preparing were " Head, and shoulders." The music teacher ask the child to standup and they did so. Before the song the teacher said they were be using their part od their bodies for this song. They then began singing the song with the words and  body movemen and then they just did the movements. Child A was singing and also doing the movements . The final song the music teacher did with the Kindergarten children was using instruments. The instruments the child was using was bells. While the teacher was settup Child A taps Child B and says " I hope i get the blue bell" and Child B response "me to". They both seem very happy about the activity that they were about to do.Each bell had its own color. The teacher then place each bell  according to sound and color. He places the bells by color in front of the stage and had each child stands in front of them. Before he started the song he ask the children "What song was they going to sing". The children response was "London Bridge" The music teacher asked the children "what not to do with the bells",and they all reply "dont touch the ball". While the children were standing next to the bells Child A and Child B was very happy because they got the color they both wanted. As they began to sing the song, the teacher point to the children according to the colors.As the Lesson  over the children sung a song to say goodbye to the color bells. Child A said " Goodbye high blue" as he was sad that the song was over. 3. Since doing my observations of my study child, I saw how he really likes music. He participated in every movement and song that was  being taught. Child A has developed more self-esteem and confidence within themselve. He also learned different parts of the body. He also show that he very interested in the song by following instructions and not interrupting the music teacher when he doing his music lesson.