Theme statement: The plant shop

Attending P.S 215 on Ave S, I am currently doing my student teaching with ages 4 & 5 year Old’s. The children are in Kindergarten and there are twenty-five children in the K-310 class room. The children in the classroom are ELA students which some of the children came from different cultures and attended different school and learned another language besides English.  The theme that I am going to be focusing on with the Kindergarten class is: The plant shop in this activities it will be consist on math, science, literacy, and Music.  In math the children will be able to count the flower pedals and write the numbers. The others activities will involves seeing how plants grow by planting and signing a song about nature. 

Using these different academic activities I will like the children to develop better motor and gross skills by learning how plants grow. I also want the children to also learn and understanding about nature and how it works. These development would help the children to develop better communication with their peers about the different academic activities they learned. However the children can gain the experience on planting. My goal is also have the children understand the different numbers and learn how to write them. I also want them to children to develop a better listen skills as the follow the instructions on how to plant grow. The activities will help the children to learn different skills within using these activities will develop better attitudes, become more social, and develop a better understanding using one theme with different activities.